Owning your own business within the food and beverage industry is exciting and rewarding, but also hard work. Some people love it, but it is not for everybody. Therefore a KAUAI Franchisee has got to be a unique person. As a franchisee you will be running your own business, but with the support and operating systems of the KAUAI brand.
Firstly it starts with having a passion for people, service and healthy living. However each application will be evaluated on individual merit and some of the evaluation criteria are:
- Previous experience in owning a business;
- Entrepreneurial outlook;
- Willingness to learn and be a team player;
- Food service experience;
- An understanding of how franchising works
- People orientated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- People leadership, management and development skills;
- Service orientation and ethic;
- Passionate, dynamic and self-motivated;
- Personal time and involvement in operating the business;
- Not afraid of long hours and hard work;
- Required capital available to set up the business;
- Alignment with the KAUAI Values.
No formal qualification is required although, in some instances, this may be an advantage. In summary, the franchisee must be an 'owner-operator'.