Application and Approval
The steps are as follows:
- Please download an application form here
- Please complete all sections including - Application, Assets & Liabilities, Income & Expenses and Confidentiality. Please note that all shareholders in the future holding company of the franchisee’s business must complete the financial section which may mean printing this section a few times in order to have enough copies
- Submit your application, attaching the completed application form, signed declaration and confidentiality to: email@example.com
- Your application form will be reviewed and feedback will be provided. Should your application be successful, we will request you to pay an application fee of R3100. This covers an online psychometric test, credit checks and administration fees
- We will be in touch with you and will hope to have a meeting at this point. We will share our disclosure document with you and answer more specific questions you may have.
- We will set up a working assessment for you in one of our stores
- A final interview will take place after the working assessment
- Assuming both parties are happy, we would now try to establish a timeline to your involvement into the KAUAI group, whether it be the buying of an existing franchise or a new store
Please note that no financial information can be given out without the submission of a completed application and confidentiality letter.
A valid application consists of completing the application form in full and submitting it back to Kauai. We need to make a big decision together and therefore need a lot of information to ensure we can help make the right one.
This will answer a lot of your questions and has an example of both a Virgin Active health club KAUAI model and our retail KAUAI model.
Each franchisee applicant undergoes an EE test; this is an industry aptitude test. This test provides a good indication whether an applicant is suitable to function within a franchised environment such as Kauai. The cost is included in the application fee of R3100.
The one-day working assessment that will be arranged on a mutually convenient day and time at one of our KAUAI stores. This not only gives us an opportunity to observe you in the KAUAI environment, but also gives you exposure to the KAUAI store.
Once all the steps above have been completed, the assessment process culminate in a final decision as to whether you have been approved as a KAUAI Franchisee or not. The final decision will be communicated to you in writing. KAUAI reserves the right to assess applicants based on its standard criteria, as may be amended from time to time.
KAUAI could offer you an existing store, if available, or a new store opening.
If any stores are available for sale, details will be shared. Existing store costs will depend on sales volume and profitability and this is done on a store-by-store basis.
New store openings
Our team evaluates all potential sites and only upon full and final approval of the site, may the process of opening a new store be commenced. Key drivers in evaluating and approving a site are surrounding demographics, the catchment area, traffic/feet concentration and visibility. It is important to note that, while every effort is made to ensure that the site will be right to operate a store, no guarantees or warranties can be given by KAUAI in this regard. We have an experienced store development team that will see a new project through from blueprint to final completion on a turnkey basis. Included in the turnkey process are the following services:
- Assistance with Lease Negotiations
- Interior Design
- Project Management